iWit Controller Advanced User Manual
iWit USB Controller can set any shortcut key, mouse action, even surface dial.
Newbie users please read the manual carefully. iWit USB Controller itself is plug-and-play, easy-to-use.
Other than controlling the system volume with iWit USB Controller, it is able to accomplish much more, far exceeding the imagination of most people. For example, zoom in/out pictures, browse photos, rotate objects in CAD/3D softwares, change perspective in 3D games, use combos in RPG games, adjust monitor's brightness, scroll horizontally in browser, change tabs in Excel, switch windows in Windows...
iWit USB Controller has 6 main actions:
3. Press (< 1 second)
4. Press + Clockwise
5. Press + Counterclockwise
6. Long Press (> 1 second)
These 6 actions can be set to emulate any shortcut-keys, with any modifiers. For example, SHIFT+CTRL+A, or any mouse actions (horizontal/vertical scroll wheel)
After the settings are set and saved, they reside in the onboard-memory of the controller, hence, it can be used on any computer/portable device/embedded system, including phone/tablet/car dashboard
Customizing the settings does not require any additional software, simply use the system's built-in Notepad/TextEdit. This unique method is able to support any future operating systems. Thus achieving 100% future compatibility.
In summary, open Notepad, while pressing the button, attach USB cable, menu will appear in Notepad, rotate and press the controller to navigate the menu, set shortcut-keys, from 160+ different options, and shift, ctrl, alt modifiers.
1. Before entering the settings mode, detach USB cable, open Notepad/TextEdit, turn off Chinese input, revert to English input
Warning: During the process, do not use mouse to click on any portion of the text, and do not use keyboard to edit, to avoid messing with the cursor. Complete the process with the controller only. The purpose of Notepad is to display the menu, changing the menu through keyboard and mouse will not have any effects.
2. While pressing the button, attach USB cable. At this point, blue light will blink. Release the button, blue light blinks faster. Notepad will display the following:
If Notepad shows missing characters, it could be the operating system is too old, too many background programs running, computer is too unresponsive. Please try restart the computer, quit unused programs and wait for a few minutes, and repeat steps 1 and 2.
3. Due to the difference in Windows and macOS's keyboard, their shortcut-keys are also different. Based on your operating system, press once to enter Windows mode, long press (> 1 second) to enter macOS mode. (The following guide will be in Windows mode. Similar logic for macOS mode).
4. In settings mode, the blue light will be flickering constantly. Rotate clockwise/counterclockwise to select which of the 6 actions to change. Press once to enter the action's settings.
5. Set the modifiers (eg SHIFT, CTRL) and key (eg A, B, C) through rotating clockwise/counterclockwise and press
6. Set the modifiers. If you intend to use CTRL+A, select Ctrl+. If you intend to use SHIFT+CTRL+W, select Shift+Ctrl+. After pressing, the menu will automatically return to the previous page (step 5). If the shortcut-key is a single key, modifiers are not required. Select NONE.
7. Set key. While entering the menu, it will take a few seconds to list all the options. Select the key intended and return to the previous menu (step 5). If the shortcut-key is a modifier (eg SHIFT), select NONE
8. After setting the modifiers and key for the current action, select [BACK] to return to the previous menu (step 4), and change other actions accordingly.
9. Select [SAVE & QUIT] to save the changes to the controller. Screen will display "OK!". Controller will exit settings mode, the blue light will flicker 3 times to switch to normal mode to be used normally.
Before selecting [SAVE & QUIT], all settings are not saved yet. If you do not want to save the settings, and want to restore to the previous settings, simply detach and reattach the USB cable, to quit settings mode without saving.
Other than setting the actions as shortcut-keys, they can also be set to mouse actions. This allows drawing a horizontal line, scroll web pages with the controller. Modifiers can also be added, for example, SHIFT + Mouse Scroll, CTRL + Mouse horizontal movement.
Select [RESTORE DEFAULT] to restore to the default volume control shortcut-keys. Then select [SAVE & QUIT] to save, or detach USB cable to quit settings mode without saving.
&Not all programs are suitable to be controlled via rotating the button. Quickly rotating the button 1 round is equivalent to 30 actions, much faster than pressing the keyboard manually. Not all programs support fast actions. Without proper optimization, slow-downs could happen. Hence it is recommended to map rotating the button to suitable actions for the program.
&"Technology implementation" and "good user experience" are two different levels of technical expression. Although it is possible to use the controller to emulate any shortcut-keys, however we suggest you choose the shortcut-keys logically for different actions to ensure the best user experience when using our product. For example, many music players are not optimized for rotation input, there is typically a 2-3 seconds lag when changing to the next song to read the file from disk. If next song is set to one of the rotating button action, it is difficult to achieve changing next songs multiple times in succession. Even with one complete round of rotation, the software is only able to respond a couple of times. It this scenario, setting next song to press action will bring about better user experience.
&If you intend to let elderly, kids or people who are unfamiliar with computer to use the controller, it is strongly recommended that you set short press and long press to the same action, and rotate clockwise/counterclockwise and press + rotate clockwise/counterclockwise to the same actions for a simpler control with less chance of error.
|46||Equal =||(SHIFT+Equal = +)|
|50||NON US NUM|
|51||Semicolon ;||52||Quote '||53||Tilde ~|
|54||Comma ,||55||Period .||56||Slash /|
|57||CapsLock||58 ~ 69||F1 ~ F12|
|79||Right Key||80||Left Key||81||Down Key|
|82||Up Key||83||Small number NumLock||84||Small number Keypad Divide /|
|85||Small number Keypad Multiply *||86||Small number Keypad Subtract -||87||Small number Keypad Add +|
|88||Small number Keypad Enter||89||Small number Keypad 1||90||Small number Keypad 2|
|91||Small number Keypad 3||92||Small number Keypad 4||93||Small number Keypad 5|
|94||Small number Keypad 6||95||Small number Keypad 7||96||Small number Keypad 8|
|97||Small number Keypad 9||98||Small number Keypad 0||99||Small number Keypad .|
|Multimedia control keys|
|135||Next Track||136||Previous Track||137||Stop|
|138||Play/Pause||139||Pause||140 & 3||Volume Mute|
|1||Volume up||2||Volume down||141||Volume up 2 times|
|142||Volume down 2 times||143||Screensaver||144|
|145||Calculator||146||File Explorer||147||Browser Home|
|148||Browser Back||149||Browser Forward||150||Browser Refresh|
|152||Mouse Wheel up||153||Mouse Wheel down||154||Mouse Click|
|155||Mouse Double-click||156||Mouse Right Click||157||Mouse Middle Click|
|158||Mouse Move Up||159||Mouse Move Down||160||Mouse Move Left|
|161||Mouse Move Right||162||Mouse Drag Up||163||Mouse Drag Down|
|164||Mouse Drag Left||165||Mouse Drag Right|
Microsoft Surface Dial
What Surface Dial？A knob controller that only supports windows 10
You can google it for more information.
|Surface Dial Rotate+5||set to Clockwise|
|Surface Dial Rotate-5||set to Counterclockwise|
|Surface Dial Click||set to Press|
|Surface Dial Rotate+||set to Press+Clockwise|
|Surface Dial Rotate-||set to Press+Counterclockwise|
|Surface Dial Press||set to Long Press|